At Hoboken Hair we are happy to welcome you all back! It has been a very challenging year for us all specially for small businesses like ours. Our hearts go out to all that have lost loved ones to this virus.
As you know by now, it is not business as usual for our industry. The Governor has issued a list of requirements that both salon owners, their staff, and all guests must comply with in order to control the spread of the virus. The Hoboken Hair Staff have been very diligent with observing social distancing and we have taken all the necessary precautions to stay healthy and COVID free and we hope you have done the same, after all we are all in this together.
Please Read Our COVID-19 Policies
SERVICE REQUIREMENTS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- All services must be by appointment only. No Walk-Ins permitted.
- Upon arrival wait outside until your stylist or barber is ready. Do not enter before a staff member meets you at the door.
- Guests must wear a face mask or face covering at all times while in the premises. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you.
- Temperature checks must be taken prior to entry regardless of symptoms. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 is not permitted to enter the shop regardless of symptoms.
- Guests will be asked about COVID-19 symptoms and exposure twice: first within 24 hours of a scheduled appointment via text and the second time right upon arrival for the service.
- Any customer who reports having any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in the last 72 hours or having had exposure to an individual suspected of or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days will be re-scheduled for another appointment 14 days later as a precaution.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the door or hand washing upon entering the salon will be required.
- Friends and family are not allowed to wait in the shop. Only staff and customers receiving services are allowed inside. Only one adult to accompany a child that is receiving a service.
- Please refrain from bringing personal belongings, food, or drinks into the shop to avoid cross contamination.
We know that things happen out of your control that can cause you to be late or cancel your appointment. Due to the COVID—19 regulations we are not allowed to take Walk-Ins. Your cooperation is necessary in order mitigate further financial losses due to tardiness, last minute cancellations and No-Shows.
- Late Arrivals:
If you arrive late we may have to shorten the service time or, only perform part of the services booked or, re-schedule for the next available spot due to our limited availability, enhanced screenings, and sanitizing requirements between customers. If you are running late, please give us a call, we will do our best to accommodate you and avoid re-scheduling
-There is a two (2) hour minimum notice cancellation policy to mitigate continuing financial losses due to last minute cancellations and No-Shows.
-A 24-hour cancellation and a non-refundable deposit for services that require 1 hour or more to perform (ex. Color services).
--IF YOU ARE SICK, DO NOT COME IN.-- Call us prior to your appointment, we will cancel your appointment without any penalties or charges. We will then put you on a 14-day wait list as a precaution.
- For as long as we must maintain the COVID-19 restrictions, for anyone who does not show up for their appointment, we will require a credit card for future appointments and charges for the full amount of the service will apply.
-Last minute cancellations (within 2 hours of appointment time) will be considered a No-Show, given the difficulty to re-book someone else for that spot.
-Arriving so late to your appointment that we will be required to re-schedule will also be considered a No-Show.
When you book and appointment, we reserve that time just for you, and we have factored service cost generally based on the time of service.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- The staff will have temperature and health screening daily. Sick staff will remain home and can only return to work in a manner consistent with CDC guidelines.
- You will notice the hand sanitizing stations, masks, face shields when extra protection is needed, disposable or single use capes, sanitizing agents and all other tools available to make the salon environment as safe as possible following the CDC sanitizing recommendations.
- The waiting area will be closed. All reusable items such as magazines, toys (sorry kids) have been removed.
- We will space the chairs at least 6 ft. apart to observe Social Distancing during the service and will use physical barriers when not possible.
- Equipment and high touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected frequently following CDC guidelines.
- Some services such as beard trims and shaves are temporarily not available because the removal of the mask from the customer is required for those services. We have also limited some services that require a longer amount of time (over 1 hour) to limit exposure.
- The staff will be wearing a mask the entire time in the shop.
- Stylists and barbers will wash or sanitize their hands before and after the service and will wear a mask and a face shield when additional precaution is required.
- We space out the appointments to allow for cleaning and disinfecting between customers.
- Staggered appointments to avoid crowds.
- We now have touchless credit card terminal and accept Apple, Google and Samsung Pay for your convenience (in addition to all major credit cards).
- Gratuities are graciously accepted in cash or Venmo.
We can all do our part to help prevent the spread of illness in our communities. You can help by using the face mask, complying with the screening requirements, and by staying home and canceling your appointment if you are feeling ill or have tested positive. We will do our part by following the CDC recommendations, the governor’s re-opening requirements, and our own knowledge in sanitation and disease prevention that we are trained in as part of the Cosmetology/Barbering Licensing requirements and as advised by our medical liaison.